Saturday, November 16, 2013

Week 45 & 46 Winter Prep!

                  Its been a slow 2 weeks. I have not done anything really exciting. I am preparing for the winter months. I know Tennessee doesn't have "rough" winters but it never hurts to be prepared.  What have you been doing the last 2 weeks? I know I have been slacking! I am sorry! 

I'm sitting here watching The Brady Bunch the  T.V. show as I am writing the blog today. I am remembering a simpler time. No computers, internet. People took pride in their families, jobs, in themselves. Crime wasn't as bad or crazy. Everyone appreciated what they had. I think I will make a goal about this for 2014. 



Prepare for Winter- I guess you can say I have been playing squirrel. Going around and making sure everything is secure for winter. I have been making sure I have plenty of canned veggies/fruit in case we need them. Making sure there is propane in the tanks of the grill/BBQ. I put 5 jugs of water in the garage for the toilets in case we lose water. Some people say I am paranoid. All I can say is at least I'm prepared! I also try very hard to keep my pantry really stocked over the winter so I am not the one running out at the sound of the word "storm" or "blizzard". 

I make lots of meals in the crockpot over the winter. I always have left overs that get put in the freezer.

I also have all my animals to think about. So I make sure to keep extra feed bags in the garage just in case. 

So I have been making sure the kids are up to date on doctor appointments. I have been reading up healthier foods to eat in the winter that gives us the booster for our immune systems. 



Reading-  I have not been reading the last couple weeks. I am still working on Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. 

Updated Reading List

I promise by next blog post I will have read the book and hopefully watched the movie! 



Family Time & Crafts - With a teenager in the house its hard to get family time. So me and the hubby puts some rules in place for our teenager. My favorite is the Sunday rule, so everyone is home on Sundays to spend time and recoup together. No one is allowed to come over, no one goes anywhere. Its great!  We did crafts last week. They turned out great! I can not wait to decorate the Christmas tree Thanksgiving weekend!!! 

We did the snowflakes and snowman ornaments and glitter ornaments







REVIEW TIME-  So I am still LOVING my Shark Rotator Lift-Away Vacuum. Its works great! Its sucks everything up! 

Dishwasher soap- So I have given this a try for a few weeks and I am not quite happy with this. Its starting to leave a residue on the dishes. I guess it needs to be stronger.  It does NOT get the greasy stuff off at all. Here's the recipe that I started with. I'm going to do more research and tweak it a bit! I'll let you know in a couple weeks. 

So PhotoStream is still not working quite right. I have been on the phone over 5 hours in the last month with Apple. My issue in October and September still has not been fixed. This is why this blog post and others in the past don't have as many pictures! 



GOALS-  I have been looking over the goals I set in week 1. I am very proud that most of them have been accomplished. Especially my number 1 goal, quitting smoking!!!!  There is only 1 that has been put to the side. Which I am not going beat myself up over it, but it will be in the top 5 goals for 2014. MUSIC... I keep forgetting to make time. 



PROUD MOMMA MOMENT-  Brittany is getting 2A's and 2B's in school!!!! So proud of her! 

Adyson used her ALLOWANCE, (yes my 4 year old gets an allowance, she EARNS every penny) to buy herself something. TMNT pillow! 







Until next week!!! Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment