Friday, January 18, 2013

Books I have Read in 2013- update week 45/46

These are the books I have read so far this year. As the year progresses there will be several different types of books. I will label out in categories as the list gets longer. I will update the list throughout the year!

So far I'm up to 27 books I'm a little behind but I have the confidence that I will make by goal for the year! 

You can look at my 2013 goals on my first week's Blog. 26 educational, 26 pleasure books. 

I've got 17 educational/informational book done! 

I've got 10 pleasure books done! 


In September....

27- One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. This was fabulous!!! Loved the book and movie!! 

24,25,26-  I've read the Fifty Shades of Grey series- I LOVED IT! (Besides the obvious sexual content which is not a big deal to me) I loved how the story had a real purpose. 2 people who have issues and learn to work through them. I just had to see what all the hype was about. I really liked the actual story throughout the series! Which leads me to my next question of HOW are they going to turn this into a movie? Cause 75% of the first book Fifty Shades of Grey is sexual content. So it will be interesting. Oh & after reading the books I can NOT picture the cast they have hired for the roles in the movie.


23-Breakfast at Tiffany's by James Patterson.  This is not your typical James Patterson book. This is a book about an imaginary friend and how they become real. It was a slow but enjoyable book. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROMANCE- 

22- "Perfect Fling" by Carly Phillips - It was funny & romantic(a few exotic parts), I loved it!!! Great plot, and characters were life like! Ups and downs great book & would read it again!



---------------------------------------------------------------------

MURDER/MYSTERY-


21- Malice by Lisa Jackson, AWESOME

20-Suspicions by Christine Kersey- this was OK, written for ALL reading levels (in my opinion) little too simple for me.

19-Swim by Jennifer Weiner VERY SHORT e-book, not worth the time, only 40 pages
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOAPMAKING-


18-Soapmaking for the first time by Linda Ortin- This is a simple starter book for those looking to make your own soap. Its for "first time" soap makers and a great book! Its on my "buy list" but I can't find it anywhere.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOOD-

17-The best of Top Secrets Recipes by Todd Wilbur- Who doesn't like to make their own McDonalds Big Mac, Taco Bell Nachos, KFC Fried Chicken, at least this way you KNOW whats in your food! Love this book and BOUGHT IT!





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OILS-


16-Aromatherapy Massage by Clare Maxwell Hudson- This is a wonderful book for your basic oils and massage techniques. 

15-Aromatherapy Handbook by Erich Keller -This book is a little older (1990's) gave some great  recipes for homemade beauty products. 

14-The Complete book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood- BOUGHT THIS BOOK! This is a "natural" book of 600 + "recipes" for most health issues, common cold, upset stomach etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MISC-

13-Best of Instructables vol 1



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GARDENING-

12-Tips for Container Gardening from Fine Gardening- This was great for flowers, not too much info about vegetables

11-The New Self Sufficient Gardener by John Seymore- This book was GREAT! Great tips!

10-The Weekend Homesteader by Anna Hess- This gives you  month by month steps on how to prep everything. It was OK. A few tips and some good kid activities.

9-The Vegetable Gardener's Container Bible by Edward C Smith- AWESOME book, I bought it! Explains in detail the soil types for your veggies, depth of pots, what plants you can grow together  and the plants you should keep separate!



8-Container Gardening by P. Allen Smith 

7-Gardening with out a Garden by Gay Search

6-Container Gardener Rupert Golby

5-Homemade by Ken Braren

4-The No Garden Gardener Jane courtier

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CLEANING-


3-Cleaning by Real Simple & Kathleen Squires - this didn't give me the information I was looking for. I thought this book would give me homemade cleaning solutions to the commercial brands. All this book gave me was a "schedule" (daily, weekly, monthly, annually) of what to clean in my house. 

2-Homemade by Readers Digest- GREAT & BOUGHT IT- lots of "homemade solutions" for your everyday life. 


1-The Naturally Clean Home by Karyn Siegal-Maier This is an awesome book, I went out and BOUGHT it! Lots of homemade "recipes" for all the cleaning supplies needed to clean your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment