Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 47 & 48

                I'm trying to get the last little bit of Christmas shopping done. I HATE shopping after thanksgiving. I go into a panic if I still have gifts to purchase. 24 days until Christmas! It's so exciting I'm totally feeling the spirit this year! 

The Girls decided they wanted a small tree in their room this year!!! 


Adyson is purple.                                                     Brittanys is Blue & Silver! 
             



I must admit I'm very proud of my self and all the goals I have accomplished this year! I had 13 of them. I have accomplished I think 10!  Which is more then I thought I would get done honestly, but when you write down everything you do and share it with the world it gives you that extra push you need! 

The family has been a little scattered this last week. We are helping Aunt  Nancy pack for her trips over the holidays!  Aunt Nancy had a few appointments to get through, Kids with dentist appointments, grocery shopping, etc! Hopefully now that Thanksgiving is over it will calm down. 

I know its still a few weeks off but has anyone started working on their 2014 goals? I have a few that might surprise you for next year! I'm getting excited for it! Gives me something to look forward to! 




FARM HAPPENINGS-  Very sad on the farm Tuesday morning. I went out to make sure everyone was OK because it was so cold Monday night. I found that my pigs had gone out in the middle of the field and made themselves a hay pile instead of going in their stall to stay warm. Many of you remember these cute little guys when we brought them over here in June. So Rest in Peace Hammy and Bacon. 




 HOMEMADE-   Well I have come to the conclusion after MANY DAYS of research and blog searches that my water is VERY HARD.  After a few weeks of using homemade dishwasher powder my dishes had a film that would not come off. I used vinegar as my rinse aid. I also can not make a dish soap for washing dishes in the sink that is tough enough because of my hard water. So I have gone back and researched some more natural dish soaps/detergents and found Ecos at SAMS Club  and this is my new dish soap, for a really good price! I bought some generic tabs to try until I find some natural/better ones. 




READING-   I know I promised to have Angels & Demons read but I'm about 40 pages in, and just can't stay interested. Sorry guys! Makes me mad that its looking like I won't make my goal of a book a week!! But I found a wonderful E-book box set titled Six Times a Charm and from the set I'm reading Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase from Barnes and Noble. I have busted out my my long lost friend Nook Simple Touch from www.bn.com. My wonderful husband bought this for me while we were on vacation over the summer so I could read on the beach! I love this better than anything else. I can read in direct light/sunlight with no problems. Best of all Adyson doesn't want to play with it because its black and white. So its all MINE!!! 


EATING HEALTHY-  Well all the Halloween candy is just about gone.  I have been using my little crockpot (1.5 qt) like crazy for breakfast lately. Its just so nice to wake up and your house smells wonderful from breakfast that is already cooked! I am loving my Breakfast board on Pinterest. I have made a few different oatmeals and breakfast casseroles. They were all great!!!  I'm going to post more meals as I make them! 

I think I told you guys about Chickens in the Road she has a fabulous website about the "noodles and sauce" pouches you buy & how to turn them into homemade. So far everyone I have tried has been great! She gives me lots of inspiration! Thank you very much Suzanne! 

 FAMILY TIME-  It was great this passed week with Thanksgiving and going to the in-laws and spending time with extended family! We all had a great a time! Then Daddy and Adyson decided to play TMNT. Daddy was a Foot Soldier, Adyson was Donnatello









Can't wait to post pictures of the house decorated on my next post! Until next week see ya later!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment