Friday, June 20, 2014

Going to the Drive-In...

So me being a stay-at-home mom I am always trying to think of some things that are inexpensive to do.  Most of this summer its just Adyson and I this year. I do want us to have fun doing things, but I do not want to do the typical summer activities. I want to find native places, historical sites, and they must be CHEAP!

So as I sit racking my brain on what Adyson and I can do this summer, 
I keep forgetting I live so close to a DRIVE IN MOVIE THEATRE!!!! My theatre is awesome, you can bring your own food and drinks (if you buy the food pass). So I decided it was time to take her to her first Drive in movie!!! So you know me I always talk to Adyson about everything (she's not much on surprise situations) so I gently bring up a drive in movie, the conversation went as follows...

"Adyson, do you know what a drive in movie is?" I asked. She replied "Nope". 

So then I begin to explain what a drive in movie is. "We will drive our car into what looks like a small field. We'll sit in our car and watch the movie! We can bring snacks and drinks." I play this up with the most enthusiasm and excitement in my voice. The response that came was not what I expected. 

"So you mean we are going to sit in a field and watch a movie? Ummm it does not sound like fun, but I'll go." She replied with a wrinkled face looking as if she had sucked on a lemon. Then she asked what movie we were going to see.

 My reply was "The dragon movie you keep seeing on TV, you've asked to go see it".

"Ummm I guess" was not the response I was expecting either. 

So we both agreed we would go to the "car movies" and watch "that dragon movie". 



So we get there. I pay for the tickets. I get us parked. I do a huge forehead slap. I forgot the lawn chairs! I forgot a blanket.  The ground is soaked from the rain storm an hour earlier. So we have to sit in the car. 

 
We get situated. I get out the drinks and snacks. The movie comes on. Everything is going great, then those famous words every child says ... "I have to go pee!"

So we get our shoes on. We get out. I lock up the car. We start walking to the bathrooms. Then Adyson realizes the movie is still playing. "Mommy you forgot to pause the movie!!" She yells. 

I wished I could've taken a picture of the look on her face when I replied "Adyson this is not the DVR, I can't pause the movie."  Her eyes got huge, mouth dropped open. 

Her reply "Holy shrimps!!! You can't pause this? But mommy can't you just ask them to pause it"

"No Adyson I can't, that is not fair to everyone else here watching the movie."

Her response a disappointing, "Oh". 

So after that all of the kinks have been worked out about going to the "car movies", she had a blast! She says she wants to make it a regular thing going to the drive-in movies! 




When was the last time you went to the drive-in? 

Do remember what you saw the first time you went to the drive-in? My first time at the drive-in I saw E.T.


JUST FYI---
I was looking through the App Store and found a great app called Trip Advisor. You can enter your city and it will give you everything to do in that city. History, hotels, attractions and sites! It also gives you the reviews of people who have already been there! Go check it out you won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment