Saturday, May 31, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy



Sorry its been so long since the last post. Its been busy around here!

We did a bigger garden this year! I can not wait to have watermelon and cantaloupe from the garden. I even planted GIANT pumpkins for Adyson this year! I can not wait to see the look on her face when those pumpkins get to be 20-30 pounds (they are suppoed to get 200 pounds but I am just hoping for 20-30 pounds)! We also planted the Mammoth Sunflower seeds they grow 8 foot tall, and the flower is about 12 inches across. I can not wait to have sunflower seeds!



Rella checking out the garden!
 




With us being so busy with gardening, setting up the "Big Girl Chicken Coop" and  painting the coop we have been living off of my freezer meal/left overs! To get the freezer meals almost every time I cook I double the recipe. I LOVE having left overs. I shove them in a plastic bag (in individual servings) and toss in the freezer. So on days when I lose track of time there is something HOMEMADE in the freezer. Just pop it in the microwave and you have dinner. It works with almost all meals. This is also great when everyone wants something different! 

Summer is a relaxing time for me! I LOVE summer time. I do not keep such a tight schedule during summer months. I am also more into salads for lunch and dunner during summer. I live in Tennessee, its too hot and humid to cook anything in the evening. No one wants to turn on the oven if they don't have to. 


We found a baby bunny in the garage! 






The "Big Girl Chicken Coop" as Adyson calls it. We think it has a 1960-1970's feel to it. Don't you?




WE HAVE 2 NEW ADDITIONS TO THE APPLEBY FARM!!!!!! 



So we decided that it was time to get kittens. We need them to be barn kitties! So Adyson and Brittany helped pick out the names.... Drum roll please.... Anna & Elsa... Yes from FROZEN. 


Brittany and Anna
Adyson with Elsa
         



Its also that time to make some more Half Homemade Beauty Products. I use the body scrub and facial wipes almost everyday.


BODY SCRUB

1 cup Olive Oil
1 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons used coffee grounds
2-3 drops Essential Oil/Perfume oil -(When using Essential oils or Perfume oils a little goes a LONG way.) I only use these so the my scrub smells pretty! This is optional.
16 oz bottle

Pour/Mix all together in a reusable bottle 16 oz bottle. Shake the bottle very well to mix everything together. I LOVE this recipe. I use it every time I get in the shower, especially in the winter. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a soap perfume (which means its safe for skin, do not buy a candle perfume!!) to add to my oil, I bought LoveSpell it smells wonderful. I want to try Orange Blossom Essential Oil next! 

 CAUTION- shower may be slippery after using this, make sure you spray a little cleaner/vinegar afterwards!!!! 



FACIAL WIPES/MAKE UP REMOVER WIPES

1 roll BOUNTY paper towels (cut in half)
2 cups DISTILLED water
2-3 drops tea tree oil
2 teaspoon coconut oil *
2 teaspoon of facial soap (do not use the "scrubbing/exfoliating" washes, the "scrubbies" will sit on top of your wipes)

Put your paper towels CUT SIDE down into your container. Mix all your liquids together by stirring. Do not shake them as this will activate the bubbles and you will have a sudsy mess! Microwave 30-45 seconds. *Make sure you melt the coconut oil, so it seeps into the paper towels. Pour over the paper towels starting on the inside cardboard and work your way out. Let it sit 5-10 minutes, then flip and sit for 5-10 minutes. Pull the cardboard out of the middle, and this should start the roll. If it does not then pull out out of the middle. Do not pull out of the sides, it will not work well! 


So as you can see I've been busy the month of May.
What have you accomplished?

No comments:

Post a Comment