Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Time!!!

So I can not believe we are in APRIL!!! I am so ready for Spring and Summer! (And all things hot! -Olaf from FROZEN) The girls and I made our rows in the garden today. It was so nice outside. We also planted a bunch of annual flower seeds around the garden to help draw in the bees! We bought many seed packets, hummingbird mix, wildflower mix, zinnias, cosmos, etc. I am so excited. The girls actually had fun planting. My ONLY problem with gardening in Tennessee is the CLAY they have for dirt. That is probably the only thing I miss (besides my family of course)  from my home state of Washington is good black dirt!!!!


GARDENING-
Since I learned my lesson last year, I can not grow veggies inside then transfer them outside. The roots are not strong enough to dig into the clay. So we lost most of them last year. Some also got flooded out. Others killed off others. I tried a "sister" planting last year (corn, beans, squash) together the idea is the corn grows tall, the beans use the corn stalks and the squash keeps away the other critters. Well The beans choked the corn, and the squash took over!

So this year we are just plating a few seeds right in to the ground and buying some plants too! I love planning my gardens and researching plants and soil, etc.

So last January I planted some African Violet leaves does anyone remember? May 2013 I showed you that some of them had sprouted new leaves. Well here it is 14 months after planting, I must say I did loose 2 of the 6 I planted. The 4 that lived are ready to be transplanted to bigger pots!

(The 4th one was already transplanted)
UPDATES---

Goals for 2014 There are a few I need to improve on. I need to get in the habit of working out!! This is a hard one for me! I really need to focus and get in a routine.

My Half- Homemade Beauties  Its been that long since I made my beauty recipes. So it was time to make everything again. I think this time I will splurge and find another perfume oil I like and make a batch of soap.
Here is how I made melt & pour soap.

Adyson's Chart update- Adyson has been responding to her chart very well. I still have a few challenges but life is not perfect! The rewards at the end of the week are simple things such as a candy bar, match box car, staying up 1 hour passed bed time, rent 1 movie, etc. Nothing cost more the $3. She is thrilled at the end of the week.

Saving Money-  This has been working out great! Every week I put money in the bank by the chart! Its very easy to save for Christmas this way. I love knowing I have Christmas almost paid for already, because I did my savings in reverse from the chart.
Example week 1- deposit $52, week 2 $51, week 3 $50, etc... So I am on track for Christmas this year, are you?


                               WHAT DID YOU GET ACCOMPLISHED THIS WEEK?

No comments:

Post a Comment