Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 38 & 39

                  I'm sorry its been 2 weeks! You know how life can get away from you. The seasons are changing. Its finally getting a little cooler here. Does everyone realize that there are only 88 days left until CHRISTMAS?!?!?!?! I have already started looking into what the kids want.

Just a moment... I need to say Happy Anniversary to my Husband. 5 years ago this week we married. I have been blessed ever since. I never thought I would find a man a good as my husband. I'm glad I snatched him up. He is my everything. He doesn't have a clue the effect he has on me. The smile on his face lights up the room. I just can't picture my life without him. Happy Anniversary!!!

I must admit  I have been in a BLAH mood for a few weeks. I have not wanted to work out. Anyone else feeling the same way? Is it the seasons change? But I am going to say I have not been sleeping well at night either. I have got to get back on the wagon. So of course what better day to start then a Monday!

UPDATE- My husbands grandmother Mimi Sam has FINALLY come home!!!! She's been home about a week now! She is doing great and glad to be home. Thank you for all your prayers! Love you Mimi!!

Adyson enjoying her Mimi's back scratcher! 


IOS7 Update- Anyone else having problems with Photo stream not loading to your computer? I'm trying to write this blog and figure out what is going with my phone. I had to sign out of iCloud on the computer and on the phone, and sign back in!Ok never mind that didn't work either!
If anyone has a anything to suggest PLEASE DO!!! Very upset that my photos are no longer saving to my computer!!! 

HOMEMADE- So yesterday I was CRAVING brownies. so I dug through Pinterest where I found a perfect recipe for brownies. They came out gooey, and thick and fudge like. Oh I had 2 when they came out of the oven. The best part is I know everything thats in them!!!! Best part is you can make up the dry stuff ahead of time and put in a ziplock bag and add wet stuff when you are ready to bake.

My dessert board on Pinterest. Keep in mind this is homemade. So the batter is much thicker then store bought.

My Version of Homemade Brownies-

2/3 cup cocoa
2 cup sugar
1 & 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick melted butter + enough vegtable oil to make 1 cup
1/4 water
1/4 vegetable oil (yes 2 different amount of oil)

Mix together. Grease 9x13 pan. bake 360 for 22-27 min depending on how gooey you want them.

Oh did I mention they were AWESOME!!!

So Adyson has been into Cat in the Hat lately. She read Green Eggs and Ham SEVERAL times over the last 2 weeks. So she decided she wanted to try to eat green eggs and ham. So I made some for her.


                             

So because my eggs and ham didn't look EXACTLY like the book she wouldn't eat them. But at least I tried. 



READING- I've read the Fifty Shades of Grey series- I LOVED IT! (Besides the obvious sexual content which is not a big deal to me) I loved how the story had a real purpose. 2 people who have issues and learn to work through them. I just had to see what all the hype was about. I really liked the actual story throughout the series! Which leads me to my next question of HOW are they going to turn this into a movie? Cause 75% of the first book Fifty Shades of Grey is sexual content. So it will be interesting. Oh & after reading the books I can NOT picture the cast they have hired for the roles in the movie.

Next on my reading list is Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. The movie came on last weekend so I DVR'd it. So I think from now til the end of the year I'm going to read books turned movies. I'll read the books & watch the movies. I've always wanted to do this! Please post in the comments below for suggestions!

You can look me up on Goodreads
You can also be a Nook friend, trying to figure out how to throw a link out there but can't find one.


Anyone have any suggestions?


MOVIES- 

Life of Pi- I've tried to watch it 2 times & fall asleep within 15 minutes. I just don't understand what all the hype is about with this movie. 

Sorry this post is so short. I really need to keep better track of things and use the app on my phone. I know I have more to say, but nothing comes to my mind. Well until next time!!!! 



Find me:


No comments:

Post a Comment