Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 37 Its Football time!

                                     I hope everyone had a great week! Mine went OK. I had a few bumps in the road but I over came them. I have a love hate relationship with Fall. I love the idea of cooler weather, but with that comes preparing everything outside for the up coming winter. And me preparing to stay indoors for 4 months... UGHHHH... But I love FOOTBALL. I can't wait to see how my Seattle Seahawks do this year! GO SEAHAWKS! 


CRAFTING-  So last week to go with my Halloween Village for Grandma I also made her some decorative soaps for her bathroom. I shipped it Tuesday so she should get it this week! I wish I could be there when she opens it. 
I took the Glycerin Soap and melted it. It only took 1 small cube per soap(I bought a 5 lbs bag at the craft store for $18)

Then I added 2 yellow drops & 1 red drop of soap dye 

Then added the critters to the soap while the soap was still liquid.  






FARMING-  When the weather starts cooling off we start preparing for the winter. This weekend we made sure the hose pipes to the animal water was properly set up for winter. The electric cords for heat lamps ready to go. Also everyone got their Permethrin sprays. The cow stalls were cleaned out and muck dumped in the garden. 


 NO CHEMICALS-  I have done some pinning on Pinterest lately and I created what I feel is an AWESOME recipe for HOMEMADE cocoa! Pinterest Drinks So far I think its wonderful and simple to make. I had all the ingredients to make it. I read through all the different versions and tried a few. I tasted a few too. The ones that call for chocolate pudding mix in the cocoa I thought were a little gritty. So maybe the pudding doesn't dissolve? But I cut it out the 2nd time I made it, and LOVED it. I ALWAYS use milk instead of water to make hot cocoa, I love the creamy texture when I use milk. I haven't tried my recipe using water but its good with hot milk or coffee! 

Please understand when you make something HOMEMADE it does taste a little different then the commercial brand.  It took about 2-3 times of drinking it to "adjust" to the flavor now I love it!

My Homemade Cocoa (You can make this easily in bulk.)

Equal parts-

-Powdered Sugar
-Powdered Milk
-Unsweetened Cocoa
                                                                        


Mix all together. I measure out just over 1/4 cup of cocoa mix to 1 cup hot milk/coffee. Enjoy!!!!



MOVIES- 

Beautiful Creatures- is a great movie. Reminded me a little bit of Bewitched (the 1960's TV series) because her family doesn't approve of the relationship to a "mortal". It was a nice movie. 

End of Watch- WOW the language in this movie! Its basically the show COPS turned in to a movie. I liked the idea behind the movie very real scenes. I liked it, just NOT for young ears.When your 15 year old says " wow this movie has some language," you know its bad.

 READING- I know I'm in so much trouble. I still haven't read a book. Its been 3 weeks now? I'm going to start 50 Shades of Grey tonight!!!!

MUSIC-  I know I'm in trouble for this too! I am scheduling time to do this, this week. I'm tired of putting it off. I want to learn some Christmas music this year.

 GAMES-  Where's my Water? and Turtle Trek have become Adysons favorite games. When Jackie came home this weekend he introduced Adyson and Brittany to Minion Rush. Now all 3 of them are addicted to it! 

 SMOKE FREE----- ON SEPTEMBER 17 IT WILL BE 2 MONTHS SMOKE FREE!!

ENERGY EFFICIENT-  So is it just me trying to be energy efficient or is everyone trying? I am doing my best to switch out light bulbs to the new energy ones as the old bulbs blow out. But I HATE the new bulbs. To me they are not bright enough? Is anyone else having this problem? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I have tried the "bright" and the "day light" bulbs they just are not bright enough for me. What do you think?







I wanted to give a my daughter a shout out HAPPY 15 TH BIRTHDAY BRITTANY!!!!! I love you and I am very proud of you! I am glad to have you in my life. 

Brittany and Noah. We took them to Red Lobster for her Birthday! 

Until next week, enjoy yourself and life! Don't let moments pass you by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment