Saturday, October 12, 2013

Week 40 & 41 Already?!


               My SEAHAWKS are doing wonderful so far this season. Yes they lost a game last week BUT they are still doing good!! (Sorry to anyone who has a losing team). I can't wait for tomorrows game, SEAHAWKS vs the TITANS! This will be a divided house for sure!

I'm going on day 3 of a nasty sinus infection, today it feels like there is an elephant sitting on my chest. I'm rotating vitamins and meds. Drinking soup, yes I said drinking soup!!! Of course I get sick while my husband is home. But I guess that is a blessing because he is doing a WONDERFUL job handling the kids while I relax in the bed to get as much rest as possible. Oh did I mention that I have gone through 3 BOXES of tissue? There goes my stockpile for the cold/flu season, UGHHH!!! I am enjoying the cold/flu tea that I found on Pinterest. Go check it out! 




Christmas is 74days away!!!! 



FAMILY TIME- We have found a new love this week. Our Wii. Did a family bowling tournament on the Wii, and had a blast! Made some nacho cheese dip along with popcorn! 
Can't wait until next time! We even had a visitor, my hubby's cousin along with his daughter! 
Brittany & Jackie 

Cousin Chris



Special Announcement!!!! -

I would love to give my blessings to my husbands uncle Larry &  wife Becky on their wedding/marriage. May your life forever be filled with many blessings. Love to you both and enjoy your trip to Hawaii!! 





MOVIES- 

EPIC- was a great kids movies. Loved it! About good & evil in the forest. Father & daughter who need to reunite. Will probably be buying it. AWESOME! 

The Croods- another father & daughter who work through differences. About being brave! 

World War Z- so it's a movie about zombies, starring Brad Pitt. Wasn't bad. But I'm not a zombie person. 

Iron Man 3- it's ok. I'm not an action girl. (& I didn't see the first 2)

One for the Money- was great! Funny movie & book! Loved every minute! 

Sunday's at Tiffany's- James Pattersons book turned into a movie. COMPLETELY different from the book, more funny parts then the book. I would watch it again! It was cute! 


 HOMEMADE-  so I made a tasty breakfast the other morning. You know fall is here and my favorite flavor is FINALLY in season, PUMKIN SPICE!!! So I decided to make pumpkin spice French toast! I've got the recipe pinned to my Pinterest breakfast board. 

Pumpkin spice French toast

(This recipe covers about 8-9 slices of bread, so I always double the recipe & freeze leftovers in quart freezer bags for those rush days ;)

Find it on my Pinterest board.

  1. 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
  2. 2 eggs
  3. 1/2 cup milk
  4. 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  5. 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  6. 3 tbsp butter
  7. Maple Syrup
  8. Half of a french bread loaf

  1. In a shallow dish whisk pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice together.
  2. Melt butter in a skillet or frying pan over medium high heat. Dredge french bread strips into egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture. Place into the pan or skillet and cook until sides are golden brown (or darker if you like). Cook on all four sides.

This Lady has a bunch of great recipes on her website go check her out! 





READING- I told you guys that I wanted to start reading books turned into movies. So I have started that goal!

Breakfast at Tiffany's by James Patterson.  This is not your typical James Patterson book. This is a book about an imaginary friend and how they become real. It was a slow but enjoyable book. 

One For The Money by Janet Evanovich- was hilarious! Loved it!!! 

Angels & Demons By Dan Brown- I just started reading and so far I like it! Hopefully Next week I will have it finished.


Well its time for me to get back to resting. Wish everyone a great week! What are you reading? What movies are you renting? 








No comments:

Post a Comment