Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 9


Sorry I'm so late in writing this week! Time flies when you have a visitor.

Farm happenings- this week we discovered that Chicken has mites/lice so she got sprayed with diluted permethrin. So far so good! Will check her in a couple days & give you an update!

EATING HEALTHY- we had great family time making our own HOMEMADE pizza dough. It was great watching the kids pat out & roll dough! They created their own pizzas it was so much fun!

MOVIES-Rock of Ages- was funny!
Joyful Noise- was great& funny!
I don't know how she does it- funny & great for moms!

READING- ANY book by Janet Evanovich if you like romantic comedy!!! Still reading
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion so far it's OK. Researching some more on homemade stuff- like lotion, Chapstick so far it looks like when we are done with what we have I'm going to give it a go!

NO CHEMICALS- doing great & finding some recipes for lotion, Chapstick & even my daughters Eczema!
Eczema lotion--- I AM NOT A DOCTOR, I researched what helps with eczema & created the following:
A&D ointment
vitamin E oil
olive oil
3 drops tea tree oil
glycerin.
- Warmed all ingredients in a double boiler & slowly stirred everything together. Poured into an old CLEANED lotion bottle. Let sit overnight to harden up a bit. This recipe is too thick to put in a pump style bottle. I made about 3 oz to try.

Let me tell you it works GREAT for Adyson's eczema. It soaks into your skin, not greasy, the smell is OK,not the greatest BUT I don't want perfumes/anything that will make her eczema worse. After 1 application her sores were smooth, less red, less itchy & smaller!!! Going to keep you up to date on this recipe.

BRAIN GAMES- haven't played any. Been busy researching!

I hope everyone had a great week & see you next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment