Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 8 I have a Visitor!!!!

This week has been rather calm, other then more phone issues. I still can't get my phone right. Apple says my iCloud is goofed up. Now my phone is telling me there is another update. Great!!!! Ughhh....

FARM HAPPENINGS- 
Last week was Adyson's birthday and my neighbors got her a chicken. She is so proud of that chicken. She named it, "Girl Chicken". I must admit it was a shock to get a chicken, I had no clue we were getting one but glad we did. Adyson feels like she has something to do! It gives her great accomplishment to feed and water and play with Chicken. 

FAMILY TIME- This week my Aunt Nancy decided to give farm living a try and wanted to come visit us for a while. So she is staying with us. Its great having her here! Last week was my mother's birthday and Uncle Darrell drove through TN. He stopped and saw us for a little while. Adyson thought it was great seeing the big truck! 




HEALTHY EATING- This week since I didn't know what Aunt Nancy would eat, we have been "winging" it all week. 

EXERCISE- Woke up sore the morning after mucking stalls. I scraped it down to the ground and filled with new bedding. Doing a little walking since the weather has been decent! Using dumbbells and watching TV! 

ORGANIZING- Nothing new this week! 

READING- I read a few essential oil/aromatherapy books. Learning about which essential oils help you such as Tea Tree oil is a great oil to have on hand for skin issues and a lice, flea, tick repellent! REMEMBER YOU NEED TO DILUTE ALL ESSENTIAL OILS before you use them. Please read up on essential oils before you take my word for anything. I am NOT an expert in this field, I simply read books, articles online, etc.  I do admit the Tea Tree Oil about 5-8 drops in the bath with Adyson has helped her eczema. 

Aromatherapy Massage by Clare Maxwell Hudson- This is a wonderful book for your basic oils and massage techniques. 

Aromatherapy Handbook by Erich Keller -This book is a little older (1990's) gave some great  recipes for homemade beauty products. 

OHHHH, I did get my book from the library Warm Bodies, I'll be reading it this week! 

NO CHEMICALS- The furniture polish works WONDERS. I am very pleased! My homemade laundry soap is working wonders!!! I do have to make more fabric softener! 
I have saved my jug from my last fabric softener so this recipe is for my size bottle, 64 oz.

FABRIC SOFTENER
16 oz HAIR conditioner- pick the smell you want
16 oz white vinegar
32 oz HOT water- not boiling(don't want to melt the jug) but pretty hot to mix/dissolve the conditioner.
Mix everything together and let sit over night! Ready to use the next day

Join me next week!!!! Have a happy week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment