Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Make Up Table



Since I did the post about Master Closet Clean Up I have had a few emails wanting to know what all the little drawers are for. Most of you know I am OCD about being organized. Everything I own has as spot, its kept in its spot. I go crazy when things are not where they are supposed to be. Since the post I organized just a little bit more, so below is the picture from Master Closet Clean Up! 





When I was searching for  things to help organize my make up I made sure to measure the space. This way I could buy the right size organizer to fit the space. Nothing get more upsetting then bringing home the "perfect" piece only to find its 5 inches too wide. So you exchange that piece and get a piece that is now your "perfect" piece bring it home and find its too tall. So take it from me and measure. Scour the web for the best deals. Typically at you retail stores (Walmart, Target, etc) on their website they have bundle packs so you can get 3-4 pieces for 1 low price. 

I knew I did NOT want cloth drawers or fabric etc. Let me explain why. When you have children there is always a certain level of mess. Messes such as a spilled cup, such as my coffee cup because "Mommy you have to see how fast I can run" turns into a trip/stumble and bumping into my table. There is also the "Mommy see I can dress myself" turns into getting stuck in the shirt and bumping into the make up table. So you see choosing plastic made sense to me I can wipe it up no matter what gets spilled, including make up! If you still want fabric best of luck to you! I do not want make up stains. 


                                                   




Wondering what the white thing with drawers is? Well, my makeup. (the closest thing I could find to what I have 5 drawer 2 pack) I LOVE having these.

Top drawer is foundations, powders.
 2nd - is blushes, bronzers.
 3rd-is eye shadows.
4th -is extras such as cotton balls, extra face lotions, chap sticks etc.

So you are wondering about the gray tub underneath? It's actually holding my summer wardrobe! I waste no space in my closet. I may now have a "designer" closet but it works for me!  

Now I suppose you are wondering about the blue smaller ones. Right??? ( get them here mini drawers)OK so here it goes. The Small blue drawers on the LEFT that is sitting on top of the white dressers. Is my lipsticks, sorted by shades. On the right is all my eyeliners

Left Side Blue Drawers                                                               Right Side Blue Drawers

1- Reds & pinks                                                                         1- eyeliners
2- Nudes                                                                                    2- Waterproof eyeliners
3 -peaches and clear glosses                                                       3-crazy color eyeliners (purples, blues, etc)

On top of the blue drawers are my make up brush holders. I bought fish bowls from the dollar store and colored glass stones. I put the stones in the bottom of the bowls! Smaller brushes on the left and bigger brushes on the right! 

So after a little "Make up Table Clean up" all of my hair stuff is under the table. 


                                                  Oh the little pink, purple & flowered cases are my extra make up cases for traveling. I keep my velcro  hair rollers in them! 


Blue Drawer

Drawer 1- is ALL  my bobby pins.
Drawer 2- is small hair clips and small claws, etc
Drawer 3- is all hair ties, elastic ties, etc

White Drawer

1 - big hair clips, and 1 curling iron
2- brushes, flat iron spray, hair spray, smoothing serum.
3- LOTS of combs, small hair dryer, curling iron.
4- flat iron and curling iron. Yes I have 3 curling irons. They are all different sizes.




               

                                     Hope all of you have had a great week! 

                                         What did you accomplish today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment