Friday, January 4, 2013

Week 1

      So far it has been a wonderful 1st week of 2012. On Jan 1, I posted my 13 goals for this year. I must say most of them have been started! Throughout the week I have felt like I can't set enough done. I am trying to take everything 1 step at a time to avoid "burn out" but I am so excited at the same time that I want it all done already, HAHA...

1. Quit smoking- This is going great. I'm down to about 5 cigarettes per day. I can't believe what I can accomplish with the "extra time" from cutting out all the cigarettes.

2. Family time- This hasn't been started yet. Poor Brittany hasn't felt good this week, and I have been BUSY with goal 3.

3. Get organized- This month I am concentrating on the kitchen. I have ordered all my needed containers from Walmart and they should be here next week. So during the week I have been going through EACH cupboard & shelf and wiping it down and stacking. I even put Post-It notes on the outside of every cupboard telling me what containers are needed and what shelf it goes on. So right now the outside of my cupboards are "decorated" with bright orange Post-Its! I have also been going through my stack of handwritten recipes. Throwing away ones that I will NEVER cook, & creating my own cookbook (using spiral notebooks & labeling the front, "Dinner", "Soups", etc). I have been cutting, & writing recipes for 2 days! I didn't realize how many recipes I had laying around, but I am almost done.

4. Eat Healthy- So far I have not bought any "junk food". There is still some left in the house, leftover Christmas candy, etc.

5. Get In Shape- So far this is working. While watching TV at night, I get out my Yoga ball & weights and do about 30 minutes! Can't wait til it gets warmer so I can go walking!

6. Read- This has not been started. I've been too focused on getting the kitchen done. Going to find a book today!

7. Brain games- Haven't started this either. But I must say my brain is in over drive over the excitement of organizing. I lay awake at night thinking how everything will look!

8. Blog- I have started this one or you wouldn't be reading it!

9. Positive- Been looking at things in a more positive light all week! Doing good!

10. Crafts- Haven't even thought about this yet. But I have a craft tub set up with lots of stuff in it.

11. Music- Haven't started this yet. But working in sometime over the weekend!

12. No Chemicals- I have made 2 HOMEMADE solutions! I did make my own Fabric Softener & Febreeze! It was very simple.

FABRIC SOFTENER                                              FEBREEZE
1 cup conditioner (cheap stuff)                          1/4 cup Fabric Softener
1 cup vinegar                                                    2 T  Baking Soda
2 cups water                                                      HOT water to fill 27oz spray bottle
Mix well & use                                                 Mix well & shake before use
1/4 cup to start & adjust as needed                   may separate a little.


13. Gardening. I have been saving my egg cartons to plant seeds next month. I have all the bulbs I need to start my flower garden and researched what I need for trees in the back yard!

So I guess I am going great. 7 out of 13 goals already started, within the first 4 days of the New Year New You!!!!


Follow me on:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment