Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Make 2013 count!

               Now that is Jan 1, I am excited to say I have MANY goals and resolutions for the year. New Year New You!! I have thought long and hard about the goals for this upcoming year. I have a wonderful family and support system I know I can accomplish all my goals this year!

1. QUIT SMOKING- I started at 15/16 years old, at first it was a habit, but now its becoming an addiction. An addiction that I don't need in my life. Quitting will be one of the hardest of all of my goals this year. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!!!

2. CREATE & MAKE FAMILY TIME- We have such unusual schedules for a  family. We forget how important family time can be. Kids grow up so fast, and I want my kids to look back on memories of fun times instead of having nothing. Adyson got plenty of board games for Christmas. Brittany got a Wii game that we can all play as a family. LET THE FUN TIMES BEGIN!!!

3. GET ORGANIZED- I'm taking 1 room per month and organizing it from top to bottom. I have already started on the kitchen. I will post pictures at the end of the month of my "Newly Organized Kitchen". I am excited!

4. EAT HEALTHIER- We eat pretty good now, but I want to challenge myself in 2013. I am going to meal plan this year! I want all my meals planned out for the week, and gradually work up to planning for the MONTH!  It saves time, money and is less stressful when everything is planned out.

5. GET IN SHAPE- Yes, I know some of you are thinking "You are thin enough!" But this isn't about being thin, its about getting in shape. I know my smoking has a lot to do with me not being able to keep up with the kids. I am going to start Yoga at home. I have bought the big Yoga ball and a 2lb & 3lb set of weights. I am also going to do dance moves from the Wii dance games we have for my cardio workouts!

6. READ MORE- If I don't start reading some of the books in my 3 bookcases, I think my husband might just start throwing them out! HAHA I want to encourage my kids to read more as well.I want to start reading to Adyson at bedtime too! I want to read 26 informational/educational books, and 26 pleasure books. I just have to hurry and choose a book so I can start. I will post weekly about my readings/findings! If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

7. 10 MIN of BRAIN EXERCISE DAILY- I have about 10 little Crossword & Sudoku books in my bedside table. So I am going to fill them up!

8. BLOGGING- I want to make a weekly goal of blogging my progress of my resolutions.

9. THINK, BE, ACT POSITIVE- I want to create a more positive life. Start thinking, being, acting more positive.

10. CRAFTS- I want to do a monthly craft. There are a TON of ideas on Pinterest for cute home decore ideas that are fairly cheap to make and look wonderful. There is also a TON of ideas for Adyson to do. So I will plan to do them!

11. MUSIC- As most of you know I got a keyboard for Mother's Day in 2012. I have learned a few songs but the "newness" wore off. So I am going to try and schedule music time in for me and the family! I hope to be able to play plenty of songs by the end of 2013!

12. NO MORE CHEMICALS- I have bought 1 book already(on my NOOK no more paper books for me!) and looking at several more to start making my own stuff such as cleaning supplies, lotions, laundry soap,even spices, etc. I spent money on products that I can make myself in minutes and COST LESS! I will keep you posted about how this works out.

13. GARDENING- I want to grow a vegetable & flower gardens this year. I have been doing my research on the flowers that do best in my area & have purpose, such as mint helps repel insects from your garden, same with marigolds! So I am going to give it my best shot at gardening this year!

So there are my 13 goals for 2013. I hope all of you have a happy and wonderful new year! I will be posting my reactions, issues, and resolutions weekly so stay tuned!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment