Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 33

                    The fair is in town. We went. Note to self for next year do not work out the day before especially my hips & butt.... I'm so sore I can barely move. (Not to mention with me eating extremely healthy for almost a month) Good (healthy)food at the fair is hard to come by. Me dying of thirst I stopped at the first place & bought a coke( technically Slice orange for those not in the South). I was excited to "splurge" on eating healthy, I took a swig and YUCK!!! It took everything I had to continue drinking the sugar bomb! I couldn't believe how much my taste buds had changed in a month. 

Adyson had the best time! She finally grew enough to go on 90% of the rides by herself. Exciting moment for her, sad moment for me. I realized how big she really is. You can see her videos on Youtube







Still smoke free!!!


READING- I'm still reading  The Lightning Thief. I know it takes forever for me to finish a book, its not that I'm a slow reader its the interruptions. If I had 4-5 hrs to sit and read from beginning to end I could finish it! I'm half way Its sounding similar to Harry Potter but with Greek mythology instead.  I love it so far!!!


EATING HEALTHY- has been going great! I have been using oatmeal a lot lately. I have found it tastes great in anything! I'm using it in my smoothies, pancakes, and actually making oatmeal with real fruit for breakfast! No more packaged oatmeal for us! I've been using honey as a sweetener instead of sugar lately.
Blueberry & Oatmeal pancakes topped with bananas & honey!!!
YUMMY!!!!!
Long cooking oatmeal with peaches, strawberries! 
I have also found a love for wraps! Add some hummus, spinach, turkey, cheese and wrap it up!!! Or you can try my favorite which is a chicken caesar wrap! You create so many different options its unreal!

I have also been loving 4C drink enhancers! These guys do a great job for the liquid drink enhancers. It only takes 1-3 squirts to a water bottle (depending on your taste buds). I found this 4 pack at Sam's Club for about $7.50, which is an awesome deal because individually they are about $3.00-$3.75 depending on flavors, each bottle has around 24 servings, so to me you get more servings then the "other drink enhancer powders". I also like the fact that it is liquid so it mixes better, and I don't have to worry about the wrappers from the powder packets. I keep one of these in my purse so I always have it! My daughter carries one in her lunch box. Its nice not carrying 10 little powder packets, the wind blowing the powder everywhere, throwing away the wrappers.... AHHHH I love these little guys!!!!
www.4cstore.com

                         

 EXERCISING- I have an exercise board on Pinterest so I have lots of ideas. In the 3 health magazines I get every month it talks about if you haven't exercised in over a year you need to start slow to prevent injury. So in my workouts that I started August 1, I do more floor exercises right now. I need to build up the muscles I have, along with balance. I do use the video that I posted 2 weeks ago, week 31. So I pick a workout from Pinterest or from my spiral notebook, everyday (well Monday thru Friday anyway). I also do the 30 day ab workout challenge! So by September I will be increasing my workouts and challenging myself more. I'm feeling great!

NO CHEMICALS- I'm still working on this. I am slowly transitioning from boxed/packaged stuff to natural products. I haven't run out of anything lately. Although the next time I run out of sugar I want to try the new Stevia that everyone is talking about. I'm always looking at labels now and I'm more aware of the chemicals that are in everything we use. I'm still looking for a good homemade dish soap! The recipe I tried doesn't cut the grease. If anyone has any ideas leave them in the comments below PLEASE :)

CRAFTS- I am going to be starting a special project soon! I want to make my grandmother a Halloween Village for her birthday/Halloween. If anyone tells her I will be very upset! I found the idea on Pinterest!!!! I can't wait to start I will post pictures throughout the process. Does anyone have any cute ideas they are going to start/do for Halloween???

GARDENING-
NOTHING went as planned this year! The sister planting (planting corn, squash, & beans together) didn't go over well, the beans over ran the corn & killed it.

ALL (yellow, Zucchini and pumpkin) my squash died beginning of August. I have no idea why. It all turned yellow and died. 

The garden still floods when it rains. So the husband and I are going to try to raise the bed and make some new planter boxes!

The dog dug up ALL my herbs while we were on vacation. I guess he missed me! So I will have to start those over.

The 3 tomatoes that survived are doing great! The poor green pepper plants are only 2 foot tall and producing mini green peppers! HAHA Same goes for the banana peppers!
How did your gardens do this year?



MOVIES-

The Raven- Loosely based on Edgar Allan Poe's life or an adventure starring Edgar Allan Poe. It was a great murder/mystery movie set back in the 1840's? Similar to Sherlock Holmes in my opinion. Very interesting & would watch it again! 

Salt- great female "spy" movie! Loved it & might have to buy it! 

Temptation- Tyler perry knows how to write/direct movies!! loved it!!! Slow to start & a surprising ending!!!! 

The Possession- was a simple "possession movie" for me anyway. No scary parts just basically how a family deals with an issue like this.

Frankenweenie- was a Tim burton special  but all done in black and white. It was ok.

Hotel Transylvania - was a cute monster/vampire cartoon for kids. I loved it! 

Lorax- adyson loved it! I love Dr. Suess!!!

Mirrors- Seems to be the adult version of Poltergiest 3. Seeing things in mirrors and the "spirits" in the mirrors taking control. Its OK. 

Let me know what you thought of the latest movies you've seen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment