Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 13 &14

Farm happenings- the vet came out to see the cows... The girls got their wormer, vaccinations, and exam. We were told that Hamburgerella has week lungs probably from pneumonia when she was born, and She shouldn't be bred, don't want to pass the "week lung" trait on to the next generation. But Steaktessa would be great for breeding. And they both got a clean bill of health!!!! Yippie!

SMOKING- I fell off the wagon about 2-3 weeks ago, but as the old saying goes "try, try, again!" Its harder then I thought it would be! 


ORGANIZING- So proud of myself! Took ALL those "rewards/store/perk" cards, registered them all online. Threw out what I don't use, and registered all the cards with the apps on my phone AND got a spare key ring and put them all together on 1 ring in the pocket of my purse!

Adysons room is still under a little construction but  as soon as its done I promise I will post before and after pictures. I'm LOVING it so far. 

CRAFTS- I found the idea from Pinterest. I was getting tired of always wearing black bobby pins in my hair. So Brittany and I had fun painting some! We lined the bobby pins up on cardboard (we used a cereal box) and used nail polish and created the colors we wanted!

I also found an idea on Pinterest about room decorating. I bought Adsyon 2 bookcases for her room. I didnt like the "all white" look. So I started looking for ideas, I didn't want to paint so the challenge was even bigger to find something different. I ran across an idea. I went to the store and found a KING size sheet set. I took the "fitted" sheet and cut them to fit the back of the bookcase! I stapled the fabric to the backboard, then nailed the back board to the bookcase! 

fabric stapled to the back of bookcase!

My Aunt wanted to make matching curtains for the window & the closet opening! It worked out perfect! We had enough fabric to do BOTH bookcases, window and closet opening and still have some left over! Best part is it all MATCHES!!!! So for  $10 for KING size sheet set, and got basically 2 sets of curtains, and extra fabric for the bookcases..... NOT BAD!
curtains! 
closet opening!
NO CHEMICALS- Update- Adysons eczema is doing great!! The homemade ointment from a few weeks ago! Her patches have gone from red and cracked to pale pink! They are no longer cracked! I have been doing the ointment about every other day. 

I a FEW new things over the last couple weeks, and so far LOVE them! 

Make Up Wipes- You heard me! I am tired of paying $6+ for 32 little make up wipe removers! So I scoured the internet and found a "recipe" that I LOVE. It works for MY combination skin type! 

 1.5 tbl  of Coconut oil   (Walmart for 14 oz $6.50)
1.5 cups of DISTILLED water- (distilled water prevents molding/mildew cost $2.50 gallon)
2-4 pumps of your favorite face wash
3 drops tea tree oil  (Walmart 2 oz $ 6)
1 roll of BOUNTY paper towels (the cheaper ones do NOT work) $2
SHARP not serrated Knife.
container large enough to hold the paper towels, I found a 2 quart pitcher works! cost $3)

Lay the roll of paper towels down and cut them in half. This takes a minute! Pour all your   ingredients into a cup and microwave about 30 seconds to a minute, just enough to melt the coconut oil. Stir well. Put 1 of your cut halves in the container CUT SIDE DOWN. Slowly pour the liquid over the paper towels let it sit 3-5 minutes. Then you can pull out the middle cardboard section and start using.  You should get about 70 wipes, (depending on the size of your paper towel roll) WARNING- keep out of direct light, heat this will cause mold/mildew. 

These cleaned all the make up off my face, and left it feeling clean and moisturized. There was no need for me to "wash" my face or use lotion afterward! I also made a batch for my aunt and daughter, they love them too! 

I'm working on dish soap, a replacement for my Swiffer wipes, Lysol wipes so check back and see what I make! I must admit I am loving making my own stuff. The best part is I know whats in everything!

See everyone in about a week! Hope you have a great week! 


Our newest Kid, Adyson named her "Poopey", who knows why.......


No comments:

Post a Comment